Now that the calendar tells us that it is officially wintertime, it is time to approach your real estate situation much like you would your homes' HVAC environment - winterize it!
Or, thinking like an athlete preparing for the upcoming season or a big competition, put the time and effort in now in order to maximize your performance.
It is well-known that the prime selling / buying season kicks-off in March and gets hotter as the temperatures rise, and there are several things folks on both sides of the transactional equation can do to get themselves ready for the season.
- Audit your home - work with an experienced realtor who will give you an unvarnished assessment of your home.
- Does it need to be de-cluttered?
- Does it need structural, systemic, or cosmetic repairs or upgrading?
- Since many vendors are not as busy during the wintertime, now is the perfect opportunity to get bids, get on their schedules and -- perhaps -- do the work more efficiently from a time and cost-standpoint. Many vendors are looking to keep employees and crews active during the "slower" months - use this to your advantage.
- Use the lead time to accurately assess the market conditions globally and in your specific neighborhood.
- If you plan on staying in the area, use the slower period to canvass the marketplace to get a head start on the search for your new property.
- Interview prospective agents, who know the local marketplace inside and out, in order to find the best fit for you and your needs.
- Have your agent analyze comparable sales and listings in the marketplace, so that you can prepare to list your home to get maximum yield.
- Take a financial snapshot.
- Analyze how much home you can reasonably afford.
- Begin and execute the mortgage pre-approval process.
- As with sellers, Interview prospective agents who know the local marketplace inside and out, in order to find the best fit for you and your needs.
- Again, similar to sellers, have your agent analyze comparable sales and listings in the marketplace so that you can better understand how far your dollars will go.
- And, although the holidays are soon to be over and all the presents will be un-wrapped, start shopping! Do your own research to refine the must-haves in turns of location, floor-plan, etc.
Even though it is wintertime, don't hibernate, activate your Real Estate game plan.
Tom Heyl offers unparalleled service to ALL clients in the New Jersey area real estate market. Your complete satisfaction with our service and representation is our number one priority.
Tom Heyl serves the entire Chatham New Jersey real estate market including the surrounding communities such as the Summit, Madison, Millburn, Short Hills and Maplewood, Florham Park, Harding, Bernardsville, Bernards Township, Morristown, Morris Township, The Mendhams, Chester, Berkeley Heights, New Providence, and Long Hill Township areas.
Whether you are considering buying a home, selling a home or both, we know this area inside and out.
Featured Property for Sale: Some of the best properties for sale are displayed right here. As experts in the Chatham real estate market, we can provide you detailed information on these homes, or any others!
Find out what's going on in today's real estate market. Our Real Estate Blog provides fresh perspective on our market activity. Be sure to check these out!
Email Listing Alerts: Be the first to know what's coming up for sale in the Chatham New Jersey real estate market with our New Property Listing Alerts! Just tell us what you're looking for and we'll email a daily update of all homes listed for sale since your last update. You can unsubscribe at any time.
What's Your Home Worth: Receive a complimentary analysis of your home's approximate present value on the market today.
Let us know if there is something specific you are looking for and we'll find what you need. Enjoy your visit and please contact us if there is anything we can do to make your next home buying or home selling experience the best it can be!