SUMMIT, NJ - The Summit Public Schools and the Special Education Parents Advisory Council (SEPAC) will present a workshop entitled 'Teaching Your Child About Their Special Education Classification' on October 30, beginning at 7 p.m. at Summit High School.
Open to parents of Summit Public Schools students in Grades 5-12, the workshop seeks to enable attendees to:
- Understand the difference between a New Jersey Special Education designation and a diagnosis
- Learn about the New Jersey Special Education administrative code classifications
- Discuss the benefits of teaching your child about their diagnosis
- Support parents to feel comfortable and empowered to have a conversation with their child
Presenters will include:
- Marie Adam, School Social Worker
- Kendall Black, LDT-C
- Alexis Finley, School Psychologist Intern
- Denise Pech, School Social Worker
- Nicole Plevniak, School Psychologist
Summit High School is located at 125 Kent Place Boulevard.