SUMMIT, NJ - While altering much of life as most had come to know it, the COVID-19 pandemic has also shone an even brighter light on the urgent needs of so many without homes, making the mission of Bridges Outreach even more important than ever.
It also means, therefore, that the community's support of Bridges has never been more critical.
Instead of the organization's annual 5K, Bridges is asking its supporters -- along with their neighbors and friends -- to choose a fitness activity, register, and get moving anytime from September 21 through September 26 as part of 'BridgeFIt' - Virtual Fitness Events on Your Home Turf.
By choosing and using the activity of their own choice -- be it Peloton rides, a daily runs / jogs, or long neighborhood walks -- participants can help Bridges raise awareness of homelessness in local and area communities while raising essential funds to help neighbors most in need.
- The $30 registration ($20 for teens) includes an event T-shirt.
- Join a team or go it alone.
- Friends and family can donate to the participant's personal page.
- Those who cannot participate can donate.
- A link from the participant's fundraising page to their Facebook page makes for easier fundraising.
For more information and to register, visit give.bridgesoutreach.org/event/bridgefit.