SUMMIT, NJ - Hilltop City Good Samaritans The Other Fellow First Foundation is answering the call -- and calling on the Summit community to join them -- to help the family affected by the December 26 fire that severely damaged a duplex at 20 Weaver Street.

The Ramirez family has been burned out of their home and lost everything they own. The fire consumed their two-family home and has left them homeless. Martha and Pedro Ramirez have lived in Summit for 40 years and are parishioners of St. Teresa of Avila Church. Pedro Ramirez is a graduate of Summit High School. Michael and Samantha Uribe, their nephew and niece, were also living in the home and find themselves homeless as well.

Martha Ramirez works for Allstate Insurance and the Center Court Club in Chatham. Pedro Ramirez suffered a brain aneurysm a few years ago and is unable to work. The same family suffered another tragedy two years ago with the loss of their 29-year-old niece, Tiffany Uribe.

The Ramirez family has lost everything. For those of you who wish to help, the Other Fellow First Foundation asks that Community members consider joining with the Foundation by visiting gofundme.com/f/summit-family-burned-out-of-their-home.