SUMMIT, NJ - Hilltop City residents cannot make a reservation at their favorite eateries right now, but they can grab a set time for a 'Transfer Station Run' as the City of Summit Transfer Station will reopen -- on a limited basis -- by appointment only
The facility will be open by appointment only on Tuesdays and Fridays, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., until further notice with the following stipulations:
- Each appointment will be for a 15-minute time slot.
- Each appointment must be scheduled in advance through the City of Summit website. Residents without online access may call 908-273-6404 to schedule.
- Residents must wear a face covering during appointments, and social distancing is required.
- Appointment times will be strictly enforced as there are a limited number of appointments scheduled each day.
- Residents are able to book one appointment weekly.
- Resident will be required to provide name, address, phone, active email address and registered license plate information when scheduling an appointment.
The Transfer Station will be open for drop-off only.
Also, the following restrictions will be enforced:
- No coupons, temporary passes, U-Hauls or borrowed vehicles will be permitted.
- No commercial vehicles or landscapers will be allowed.
- No pick up of mulch, wood chips or scrap metal.
- Waste oil and book sheds will not be available.
- No construction and demolition waste will be accepted.
The City is encouraging residents to continue to recycling cardboard and other, approved materials curbside on Thursdays instead of dropping off at the Municipal Transfer Station. To schedule an appointment, visit cityofsummit.org. For further information, contact email@example.com with questions or call 908-273-6404.