SUMMIT, NJ - The fifth COVID-19 related fatality in the City of Summit has been reported by the Westfield Regional Health Department, which today released additional current data points regarding the coronavirus outbreak specific to the Hilltop City.
Updated patient information includes:
- Ages range from 16 to 100
- Seventeen (17) patients are hospitalized
- Fourteen (14) of the positive cases are associated with long-term care (12 residents and two staff)
- Five are deceased (three deaths are associated with long-term care)
- Twenty-six (26) patients have self-reported recoveries
In addition, The New Jersey State Department of Health has informed the City of Summit of five new, positive cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Summit, bringing its total number of confirmed cases to 154.