SUMMIT, NJ - Golfers won't be able to remove the flagsticks and the holes themselves are being referred to as "more bumper style than holes," but the Summit Municipal Golf Course -- aka 'The Muni' -- will open May 6. Due to ongoing coronavirus outbreak, pre-registration for tee times will be required for all players and social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced.
Per the Summit Department of Community Programs, additional mandatory safety protocols include:
- To ensure that all golf tee times are 16 minutes apart as advised by the Governor, all golfers must pre-register for their tee-time to golf. This can be done between 24 and 48 hours in advance at summitcommunityprograms.com.
- Memberships are required to make a reservation. No memberships will be issued at the Golf Course. To register, call 908-277-2932.
- The clubhouse area will not be open to the public. Only players who are the next scheduled group to play will be allowed into the clubhouse 10 minutes prior to their reservation time.
- Golfers will be allowed onto the Green only with permission by the Golf Attendant. Groups will be asked to stand six-feet apart -- outside the course entrance -- while waiting for their scheduled time to enter to pay their Greens Fees and begin to play.
- A golf attendant will be taking Greens Fees. All individuals attending the Municipal Golf Course must be with the member with the reservation.
- A second golf attendant will be enforcing social distancing practices and cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas routinely, and after each use, in accordance with CDC guidelines, particularly in spaces that are accessible to staff, players, or other individuals, including, but not limited to, restroom facilities, counter tops, door knobs, range buckets, and other frequently touched surfaces and ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations
- Flags will not be able to be removed from the holes, and holes will be modified to comply with guidelines. Please note these will be more bumper style than holes.
- A maximum of four players will be allowed play per time slot. These four players may come from a maximum of two households.
- Face coverings are required while entering the course and completing each transaction. During play, they are not required, but they are highly recommended per the Governor’s executive order.
- There will be no club rentals.
- Golf balls may be purchased.
- All golfers must leave promptly following their round.
- Pencils will not be recycled. Golfers may bring their own pencil for keeping score.
Registration is available by visiting register.communitypass.net.
Annual membership rates for residents are $50 for adults, $40 for children ages six to 17, and $40 for senior citizens. Non-resident memberships begin at $115 for the season.
The Summit Municipal Golf Course is located at 189 River Road.