SUMMIT, NJ - The Summit Family Aquatic Center (SFAC) will open its 2020 season on July 1, with daily capacity limited by 50 percent to 600 attendees maximum and, while tables will be available, members are asked to bring their own chairs. A full list of COVID-19 facility-centric safety protocols is available by visiting summitcommunityprograms.com.
The facility will be open:
- Mondays to Fridays, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Weekends from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Lap swim will be held weekdays, from 9 - 10 a.m.
- The main pool will be open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. weekdays for the recreation summer camp only.
- Members will have access to the main pool from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., and the leisure pool from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays. For both pools, weekend hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Even though the SFAC is opening nearly a month past its originally-scheduled date of Memorial Day Weekend, fees to use the facility remain unchanged:
- The annual resident membership rate for families is $395, $160 for individuals, and $70 for senior citizens.
- Non-resident memberships for families are $790, $320 for individuals and $160 for senior citizens.
“The cost of membership remains consistent despite increased costs to open and run the Summit Family Aquatic Center, and comply with operating guidelines from the State of New Jersey,” explains City Administrator Michael Rogers. “While the facility is opening 21 days later than normal, the Department of Community Programs projects it will sell fewer memberships, while needing to hire additional staff for maintenance and to help manage physical distancing requirements.”
The Summit Family Aquatic Center is located at 100 Ashwood Avenue. Membership registration is available by visiting register.communitypass.net.