SUMMIT, NJ - Established in 1971, Summit Junior Baseball & Softball (SJBS) has provided organized baseball and softball for Summit youth in grades K – 9, with the goal "to offer the best possible experience by providing an environment that inspires learning, teamwork, skill development, sportsmanship and fun."
Through the support of SJBS sponsors and volunteers, the organization has, in past year:
- Introduced a new program, 'Summit Day of Softball', which provides development opportunities with a focus on character building.
- Purchased a new PA system for Jefferson Field.
- Made significant improvements to the fields at Franklin, Long, and the middle school.
- Initiated a comprehensive equipment purchase plan upgrading softball equipment.
Preparation for 2020 is well underway with registration already open. More than 1,000 players are expected in the spring, summer and fall seasons, comprising an estimated 100 teams playing on 11 local fields. Several major initiatives are underway, including:
- Upgrading the Jefferson backstop, as well as continued improvements at Franklin, Long and the middle school.
- Acquiring Pitching machines for both softball and baseball.
- Establishing a SJBS 'Hall of Fame'
While working closely with the City of Summit Department of Community Programs, SJBS does not receive financial assistance from the City. For nearly 50 years, the generosity of local businesses, organizations and individuals has allowed SJBS to provide Summit’s youth the opportunities to create lifelong memories and lessons.
The organization is currently recruiting team sponsors, with all sponsorships including:
- Sponsor's name on back of recreation league jerseys (specific team(s) available on request / first-come, first-served basis).
- Sponsor recognition plaque with team picture.
- Sponsor listed on SJBS website with link to Sponsor's website.
- Sponsor's social media presence followed by SJBS