SUMMIT, NJ - The Summit Public Schools will host 'Teen Vaping: The Hard Truth' on January 7, beginning at 7 p.m., in the Summit High School Media Center. The free, informational presentation and panel discussion is open to parents of all school-age children in the Summit School District.
Attendees will learn about current vaping trends, associated health risks, warning signs of use, and what steps parents can take -- including available support mechanisms -- if they believe their child is vaping.
Participating presenters and panelists will include:
- Jessica Stewart, Coalition Coordinator, Prevention Links
- Dr. Gary Kohn, Pediatric Pulmonology, Cardiopulmonary Center - Summit Medical Group
- Patricia Aussem, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Sergeant Ryan Peters, Juvenile Officer, City of Summit Police Department
- Amy Herber, Student Assistance Counselor