SUMMIT, NJ - The fourth Parent Wellness Series event, entitled 'Helping Your Child Develop Healthy Coping Skills for Life Essential Tips & Tools for Modern Parents', will be presented by Lauren Muriello, MA LPC, and Founder of Well Being Therapy Center on March 13, beginning at 7 p.m., at New Providence High / Middle School.
The event is geared toward elementary and middle school parents / guardians.
The presentation will cover:
- Common stressors and symptoms (academic concerns, family dynamics, social anxiety, behavior problems, etc.)
- What's happening in the brain at this age
- Healthy coping skills (audience participation)
- What parents can do to help foster healthy psychological development
- Healthy parent/child relationships
- What to do when symptoms get more severe
The Parent Wellness Series is offered via the consortium of superintendents and student assistance counselors from Summit, Berkeley Heights, Millburn, New Providence, and Chatham High Schools.
For more information, contact Student Assistance Counselor, Amy Herber email@example.com.
New Providence High / Middle School is located at 35 Pioneer Drive.