SUMMIT, NJ - The Summit Police Department will close several thoroughfares in the immediate vicinity of Soldier's Memorial Field in the hours surrounding the City of Summit's Fourth of July Celebration as part of an increased security protocol.
Designed to ensure the safety of pedestrians and everyone attending the fireworks celebration, the roadways will be fully closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 7 p.m. and remain shuttered until the completion of the event.
Residents living on the streets that will be closed at are asked to plan ahead if expecting guests or if needing to use a vehicle to leave a residence after 7 p.m. All vehicles attempting to enter or leave the restricted area after 7 p.m. will be prohibited from doing so with no exceptions.
Emergency vehicles will have access, if necessary.
Streets affected by the mandatory closures include:
- Tulip Street between Ashland Road and Watchung Place
- Myrtle Avenue between Larned Road and Tulip Street
- Larned Road between Mountain Avenue and Myrtle Avenue
- Parkview Terrace between Larned Road and Clearview Drive
- Clearview Drive between Parkview Terrace at the 90-degree bend