SUMMIT, NJ - Ready for some socially-distanced Daddy Pop?
The Tri-State's ultimate cover band will launch Summit's 'Hot Summer Nights Concert Series' on July 14, a group of gigs that will continue with performances by The Chiclettes on July 21, Shorty Long and the Jersey Horns on July 28, Brian Kirk and the Jirks on August 11, and The Nerds on August 18.
Each evening gets underway at 7 p.m. on the Village Green, and any rain dates, if necessary, will be scheduled according to band availability.
Aladdin Comes Out of the Bottle Tomorrow
The 'Screen on the Green' movie series is back, with Aladdin magically appearing on the Village Green's big screen July 9, followed by Abominable on July 16, Angry Birds on July 23, Frozen II on July 30, and Dora and the Lost City of Gold on August 6.
Each family-friendly evening begins with a 'dance party' at 7:15 p.m. with the film shown at dark. In the event of a weather cancellation, the movie will be shown the following Monday.
Important information for concert and movie night attendees includes:
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced.
- A mask is required if social distancing is not possible, or to visit the food truck or a sponsor table.
- Masks will be provided to people who need one / them.
- Sanitizer stations will be located throughout the park.
- No restroom facilities will be provided.
- Attendees should bring their own blanket and-or chair.
- All City of Summit events are alcohol- and tobacco-free.
- In an extra effort to prevent disease spread, attendees are asked to consider carrying out any trash that is generated during the event.