UNION, NJ – An additional date has been added to the schedule of hands-on public demonstrations in Union for the County’s new ExpressVote XL voting machines.
Voters in Union and eight other municipalities will use the new machines starting with the Primary Election on June 4. The remaining 12 municipalities will use them starting with the General Election in November.
The new date added in Union is:
- May 22 - Union Township Municipal Building, 1976 Morris Avenue 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
All demonstrations are open to all Union County residents, voters and non-voters alike, on a walk-in basis.
Weekly demonstrations are being held every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Colleen Fraser Building in the Union County Complex at 300 North Avenue East in Westfield.
Weekly demonstrations are also available every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Union County Court House, at 2 Broad Street in Elizabeth.
Additional one-day demonstrations are:
- May 16 - Mountainside Public Library, 1 Constitution Plaza, 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- May 19 - Kenilworth Street Fair, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- May 21 - Winfield Municipal Building, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- May 23 - Berkeley Heights Public Library, 110 Roosevelt Avenue, 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- May 24 - Garwood Public Library, 411 Third Avenue, 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- May 30 - Elizabeth Public Library, Elizabethport Branch, 101-110 3rd Street, 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- June 1 - Rhythm & Blues by the Brook free public music festival at Cedar Brook Park, Plainfield 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- June 2 - Garwood Rocks (Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce), Center Street, Garwood 10:00 am - 6:00 pm