UNION COUNTY, NJ - With the milder weather arriving, potholes once again become the bane of many commuters, but there are resources you can use to report them to the proper agency.

“The weather may change, but a pothole lives on until it is repaired,” said Freeholder Chairman Bruce Bergen. “That’s why we certainly encourage drivers and commuters to report any pothole they encounter on roads throughout Union County.”

County roads are identified by their blue route signs, which include the letters "CR" followed by a three-digit number.

Sign Up for E-News

To report a pothole or any other issue with a county road, use an online form available through the Union County Department of Public Works and Facilities Management at http://www.ucnj.org/pot-hole/

Persons without Internet access can report potholes on Union County roads by calling 908-789-3660.

For potholes on state highways, call the New Jersey Department of Transportation at 1-800-POTHOLE or use the online form at http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/potholeform.shtm

For local roads, contact the municipality in which the road is located. Website links for all 21 Union County municipalities are available through the County website, http://www.ucnj.org/municipalities

To plan a commute around major road projects that may disrupt traffic patterns in Union County, visit the "Road Construction Update" page at http://www.ucnj.org/traffic

For all mass transit information, visit Union County ConneXions at http://www.ucnj.org/connect