UNION, NJ – Union’s annual “Best of” food contest is back, and this year they’re searching for the best empanadas in town.
"This contest has become a staple in town and not only does it stimulate our local economy, but it also highlights the unique eateries in town that we take great pride in," said Suzette Cavadas, Mayor. "I encourage our residents to visit few of these spots and cast their votes after trying the authentic and delicious empanadas that they offer."
Participating locations are:
- El Lechon de Negron - 1331 Magie Ave, Union, NJ 07083
- Nunzio's BBQ Grill - 2071 Springfield Ave, Vauxhall, NJ 07088
- Patio Cafe & Grill - 1901 Morris Ave, Union, NJ 07083
- The Red Cadillac - 2258 Morris Ave, Union, NJ 07083
- Gusto y Sabor Colombiano - 2022 Morris Ave # C, Union, NJ 07083
To cast your vote, visit uniontownship.com. Voting is open until Aug. 25.
The top three winners will be announced on Union TV34 in September on a special episode of ‘Wining & Dining’.
For additional information on the annual "Best of" contest, contact the Township of Union Office of Public Information at 908-851-5096 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.