November is National Senior Pet Month, a month we devote to caring for and loving our senior pets.
Once your furry friend reaches their golden years, they require a different level of care in order to stay as healthy and happy as possible. By following these simple tips, you can help your pet feel their best.
Tips for keeping older pets happy and healthy:
- Increase veterinary care so signs of illness or other problems can be detected early and treated as soon as possible.
- Special attention needs to be placed on diet, nutrition, weight control and mobility.
- Vaccination needs and parasite control may change with age.
- Mental health and stimulation becomes even more important.
- Changes in lifestyle may be necessary, such as sleeping areas to avoid stairs, more time indoors, a quiet environment, etc.
To contact the Westfield Veterinary Group, click here.