TRENTON, NJ – Beginning Wednesday, the ramp from Route 22 eastbound to Fairway Drive will be closed and detoured as part of a project to repair collapsed pipe, the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) said.
Starting 9:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 15, NJDOT’s contractor I.E.W. Inc. is scheduled to close the right lane and shoulder of Route 22 eastbound in Union near Fairway Drive to install construction barrier in the shoulder. The ramp to Fairway Drive South will also be closed. By 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, the right lane will reopen. The ramp is expected to remain closed for several weeks. The following signed detour will be in place throughout the duration of the project:
Route 22 eastbound to Fairway Drive South Detour
· Motorists wishing to take Route 22 eastbound to Fairway Drive South will be directed to continue on Route 22 eastbound
· Take the Exit for Rt. 82/ Vauxhall Road towards Union/Elizabeth
· Turn left on CR 619/Stuyvesant Avenue
· Turn right onto Fairway Drive East
· Turn left onto Fairway Drive South
The work is part of an $11 million state-funded project to repair storm water infrastructure in various counties throughout North Jersey, according to the NJDOT.
Variable Message Signs will provide motorists of traffic pattern changes associated with the work. The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.