UNION, NJ – Seven Union High School scholarship athletes signed letters of intent with colleges and universities on Wednesday morning in the UHS Library.
“It’s a wonderful day for us,” said UHS Athletic Director Linda Ionta. “I’m so proud of these student athletes who received both athletic and academic scholarships today.”
- Football player Darrell Davis will be attending Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP).
- Diego Hernandez will be playing football while attending Caldwell University.
- Mike Tverdov signed his letter of intent to play football for Rutgers University.
- Nneka Moneme signed her letter of intent to play soccer at Rutgers University.
- Football player Adens Georges will be attending Montclair University.
- Chris Bournes signed his letter of intent to play football at ASA College in Brooklyn.
- Al-Tariq Jones also signed a letter of intent to play football at ASA College.
“Today is extremely rewarding,” said head football coach Lou Grasso. “I’m happy for these students. This is one of the best days of the year at school. I’m very proud.”
“Nneka is very talented,” said soccer coach Cassiano Dos Santos. “We are very pleased to have her going to Rutgers, New Brunswick. I think she’s going to be a great player for them. I’m expecting big things from her.”
“I’m really excited to go to Rutgers,” said Moneme. “It’s always been a dream of mine. I’m so excited to play soccer at the college level.”
ASA College-bound Jones said, “I feel this is a great opportunity to open doors for my future. This is the first step to being what I want to be and doing what I want to do in life.”
To obtain local news and events faster, download the new TAPinto App for iPhone or Android free in the Google Play Store and the Apple Store by searching for “tapinto” or “tapinto.net.”