UNION, NJ – A toaster fire caused extensive damage to a home on Caldwell Avenue Sunday morning.

Union firefighters responded to the two-story, single family house fire at 826 Caldwell Avenue, finding heavy fire upon arrival.  According to Battalion Chief Kovacs, one resident home at the time said the fire began in a toaster in the kitchen.  Firefighters used multiple water lines to confine and extinguish the fire.

Kovacs said there was extensive fire and water damage throughout the home.  No injuries were reported.