UNION, NJ – Do you sometimes determine the weekly recycle schedule by looking out your window to see what your neighbors have put out?
The Township is introducing a new app to help residents become better recyclers.
The Recycle Coach app provides recycling information in a “clear and concise manner to improve recycling rates as well as successfully engage residents to learn about ‘Reduce, Re-use and Recycle” principles,” according to a Township press release.
“The Township of Union is excited to join the Recycle Coach network, which will transform how we communicate local collection, waste, and recycling information to our residents,” said Mayor Suzettte Cavadas. “Beyond that, the platform includes engagement and educational tools to help people manage and correctly dispose of their waste.”
Residents can access Recycle Coach, for free, from their desktop computers, mobile devices, or through digital assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
With Recycle Coach, residents can:
- Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
- Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
- Become recycling experts with a comprehensive "What Goes Where?" search tool, including local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
- Take the “What Type of Recycler Are You?” quiz for useful recycling tips and tricks
- Use the problem-reporting tool, equipped with geolocation, to notify municipal customer services about issues like missed collections
“Recycle Coach is an excellent opportunity for Union residents to obtain accurate, up-to-date information on recycling with the touch of a button,” Cavadas continued. “Our governing body is committed to promoting recycling and environmental sustainability throughout Union Township, and we look forward to partnering with our residents on this exciting new program.”