Online, On-Demand Help for K-College Students and Adult Learners and Career Seekers
UNION, NJ – A new service for kindergarten through 12 graders and early college students, career seekers and adult learners has launched at the Union Public Library.
Tutor.com connects students for academic tutoring, homework help and test preparation with one of more than 3,000 expert tutors. Tutors are available in over 60 subjects and test prep areas from 3:00 – 10:00 p.m., seven days a week. Many resources, including the writing lab, are available 24/7. Tutors are fully vetted by and have passed an extensive background check.
- Academic Tutoring: Students of all ages can get help with homework, test preparation, skills and concepts they are learning in class as well as Advanced Placement® test preparation and college entrance exams. Subjects include math, science, writing, English, Spanish, social studies, ACT®/SAT®, and Microsoft® Office.
- WriteTutor™ Reviews: Students on essays, book reports, short stories and college/scholarship application essays have two ways of getting work reviewed by TutorATL’s live, on-demand tutoring in an interactive, online classroom or through the 24/7 Drop-Off Review service.
- ACT and SAT preparation from The Princeton Review: Students preparing for college entrance exams can take practice ACT and SAT tests, receive a full score report that includes suggested areas of focus, view video lessons on tested concepts and use The Princeton Review’s practice drills to help reach their target scores.
- Graduate School Entrance Exam Practice: Adults preparing to apply to graduate or professional degree programs can use The Princeton Review’s practice tests for GRE®, GMAT®, LSAT®, and MCAT® to focus their study-time on areas in most need of improvement.
- Practice Quizzes: Students preparing for an end-of-chapter test, a final exam or standardized test can use Tutor.com’s Practice Quizzes to assess their knowledge on over 100 areas in math, science and social studies. Practice quizzes for the ASVAB are also available.
- Videos lessons: Students can access video lessons for Advanced Placement® courses as well as math and English lessons area available 24/7 to help students review or learn new concepts.
- Adult Job Seekers: Work one-on-one with professional tutors in a supportive and encouraging
environment for help with job searching, resume writing, interview preparation and much more.
The Tutor.com Career Center also includes 24/7 access to resources such as resume templates, cover letter samples, and online job search tools.
To access the service, visit www.uplnj.org or www.tutor.com/unionpl and enter your Union Public Library barcode and pin number. The service is only available to Union Public Library cardholders. For questions or help getting started, call the library at 908-851-5450 x3 to get started.
Tutor.com—a service of The Princeton Review—helps learners realize and reach their full potential. Our 3,000+ online tutors connect with students at their precise moment of need, so they receive the support and encouragement needed to feel confident in their work, persist through their educational journey and achieve success. We partner with public libraries, K-12 schools, colleges and universities, corporations and non-profit organizations around the world to help equalize access to highly effective educational support. We provide learning students love, partnerships organizations love and outcomes everyone loves. Tutor.com was founded in 1998 and has served over 17.5 million one-to-one, online tutoring sessions.
Union Public Library is located at 1980 Morris Avenue with a Vauxhall Branch located at 123 Hilton Avenue, Vauxhall.