UNION, NJ – The Westfield Veterinary Group’s Union location has remained open 24/7 for emergency care and will offer appointments for pets experiencing an injury or serious illness. As WVG continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and follow guidelines from the CDC and local health organizations, they will keep the Westfield location closed until approximately May 1.
Review WVG’s current protocols and guidelines:
- Clients are not permitted inside the hospital to help ensure their veterinary team’s safety and health. However, there will be exceptions for pets in critical condition or for euthanasia appointments.
- WVG’s technicians will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) when interacting with clients for everyone’s benefit.
- If your pet is ill or injured, please call us at (908) 777-8387, or (908) 232-1048 when you arrive in the Union parking lot.
- A veterinary technician will triage your pet and gather history over the phone.
- When your pet is ready to be admitted, a technician will call and instruct you to bring your pet to the front door.
- The veterinarian will call you after the physical examination to discuss findings and the recommended treatment plan.
- If your pet has to be hospitalized, staff will keep you updated on your pet’s progress. WVG can also text photos to keep you connected.
- When your pet is ready to be discharged, you will receive a phone call from a member of the team with the follow-up plan and discharge instructions. You will then be able to retrieve your pet at the front door.
- All payment transactions will be completed over the phone.
- All prescription refills will be available at the Union location only. Please call ahead to place a refill request and pay over the phone. Our staff will provide the medication at the door when ready.
To further reduce foot traffic and to accommodate clients that cannot – or choose to not – leave their homes, Westfield Veterinary Group can offer prescription home delivery through the use of an outside pharmacy until they return to all normal operations.
The Westfield Veterinary Group thanks you for your continued support and patience as they work through this unprecedented crisis together.