UNION, NJ - As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our local area, Westfield Veterinary Group is following federal and state guidelines to help keep our staff, clients, and pet patients safe and healthy.
Our Westfield, NJ location remains closed. We will make an announcement when we have a reopen date.
Our Union location remains open for 24/7 emergency care – as well as most essential wellness and preventive medicine.
Our wellness and preventive medicine does not include elective surgery at this time – but does include vaccinations, blood work, and other diagnostics.
Please review our current care protocols:
- Clients are not permitted inside the hospital to help ensure our veterinary team’s health and safety. However, there will be exceptions for pets in critical condition or for euthanasia appointments.
- Our technicians wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when interacting with clients and patients for everyone’s benefit.
- If your pet is ill or injured, please call us at (908) 777-8387, or (908) 232-1048 when you arrive in the Union parking lot.
- A veterinary technician will triage your pet and gather history over the phone.
- When your pet is ready to be admitted, our technician will call and instruct you to bring your pet to the front door.
- The veterinarian will call you after the physical examination to discuss findings and the recommended treatment plan.
- If your pet has to be hospitalized, our staff will keep you updated on your pet’s progress. We can also text photos to keep you connected.
- When your pet is ready to be discharged, you will receive a phone call from a member of our team with the follow-up plan and discharge instructions. You will then be able to retrieve your pet at the front door.
- All payment transactions will be completed over the phone.
- All prescription refills will be available at the Union location only. Please call ahead to place a refill request and pay over the phone. Our staff will provide the medication at the door when ready.
We ask if you are sick or have flu-like symptoms to not bring your pet to the hospital, but to please call us at (908) 777-8387 or (908) 232-1048, so we can provide further instruction.