UPDATE 4/28/21: Bryan Terrell Clark will be stepping in for Dawnn Lewis.
UNION, NJ – Two young Union residents, one a Broadway veteran and the other a Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) advocate, has teamed up with Broadway actor to host a Virtual Broadway Benefit for the Hereditary Angioedema Association.
Union resident and experienced actor Antonio J. Watson along with Broadway star Bryan Terrell Clark and Union HAE patient and advocate Jack Chacon will host a Virtual Broadway Benefit for the HAE Association on Friday, April 30 at 6 p.m.
Watson will join forces with Clarjk and Chacon to showcase a virtual cabaret of young Broadway stars who want to bring awareness to Hereditary Angioedema. It will be an evening of music, love, and support for HAE patients and their families. You can tune in on Watson’s YouTube page at for free.
Broadway actress Clark (Hamilton, When They See Us, Queen Sugar, SnowPiercer) will host the evening, alongside co-hosts, Watson (Tina on Broadway, Beauty and the Beast) and Chacon. “It’s so important to see kids helping kids and everyone coming together especially when things feel so disconnected,” said Watson about asking his friends to perform alongside him for the benefit. “I wanted to use my platform to help others and this is the best way I could think of to do it.”
Chacon may not be on Broadway, but he is no stranger to organizing events. As a Hereditary Angioedema Association Youth Advocate he has been to Washington, DC and spoken to politicians and the National Institute of Health about more research funding for those living with HAE as well as organize 5K runs. “Raising awareness for HAE greatly impacts the lives of patients,” said Chacon. “This event is a creative way to raise awareness and funds, all while having fun.”
The Cast for Cabaret for a Cause Includes:
- Kaden Amari Anderson (Raisin In The Sun, Caroline, or Change)
- Caleigh Anne (CoComelon, The Affair, HAE patient)
- ReyJeanne M. Antoine (HAE patient)
- Layla Capers (The Lion King, School of Rock)
- Dominik Faruolo (I.W.S.K)
- Gianni Faruolo (Fun Home, Beauty & The Beast)
- Vincenzo Faruolo (A Bronx Tale, A Christmas Story),
- Gloria Manning (Tina on Broadway, The Lion King National Tour)
- Mehret Marsh (Tina on Broadway, The Lion King)
- Kobe Mukes (HAE patient)
- Shaakirah Nazim-Harris (In The Field)
- Ariela Rozentul (Butterfly, Follow the Crow)
- Ellie Rose Rubin (Matilda, Carnegie Hall)
- Walter Russell III (Lion King, Christmas With Arwen)
- Darby Schlosser (SNL, The Trevor Noah Show)
- Jayden Theophile (Tina on Broadway, The Gerry O Show)
- Skye Dakota Turner (Tina on Broadway, Respect)
- Jolie Rose Wasserman (Gotham, Co-founder of Voices to End Hunger)
With appearances from
- Judith Franklyn (Tina on Broadway, Summer: The Donna Summer Musical)
- Chilina Kennedy (Beautiful, With Me)
- Destinee Rae (Tina on Broadway)
- Carla R. Stewart (The Color Purple, Tina on Broadway)
- Atandwa Kani (Black Panther, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom)
- Daniel J. Watts (The Jam, Tina on Broadway, Hamilton)
You can donate to the Hereditary Angioedema Association at the link below.