TAPinto Openings for News Reporters (Full-Time, Part-Time and Freelance) and Sports Reporters (Part-Time and Freelance)
Posted November 22, 2021
TAPinto is in search of qualified news and sports reporters with experience and an interest in covering local municipalities. TAPinto.net is a network of hyperlocal news websites that delivers original, objective, award-winning, community-based news, sports, events and more. Our sites are individually owned and operated in each town/territory by people who have a passion for community news.
Our Franchisees have openings for full-time, part-time and freelance news reporters, in addition to part-time and freelance sports reporters.
News and sports reporters will work with TAPinto’s Town Editors/Franchisees in covering local news in assigned town. They will gain significant experience in covering news and events, business profiles and breaking news.
The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic, detailed and dynamic writer. The person must be excited to keep us ahead of the curve with our online components by embracing social media, including digital and video components.
Additionally, Reporters are expected to:
- Create a story that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms through the use of metrics. Works toward becoming the community’s leading voice in area of expertise.
- Strong storyteller that connects with readers through the articles you produce, as well as through our social media platforms.
- Collaborate with other local editors and reporters to provide town with high quality news stories from surrounding area.
- Sports stories must contain statistics to support the game, quotes from at least the head coach and one player, information on the team's next game and quality pictures to be posted with the story.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this position:
- Previous internship, news or sports writing experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas for stories.
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
- Photography and video skills a plus.
- Community development knowledge/experience a plus.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be a News or Sports Reporter for TAPinto, please click here and fill out the form.
TAPinto Director of Content