UNION, NJ - Even though it's a week before Thanksgiving, the internet is jumping with the “Ten Best Lists of 2019”.
Among the crop – Oprah Winfrey’s Best LGBTQ Books of 2019. The list includes memoir, fiction and poetry ranging from very dark to highly comical. Many of these books are available at Union Public Library, 1980 Morris Avenue in Union and/or the Vauxhall Branch, 123 Hilton Avenue in Vauxhall including:
- Are You Listening (Tillie Walden)
- Cantoras: A Novel (Carolina De Robertis)
- High School (Tegan and Sara)
- How We Fight for Our Lives: A Memoir (Saeed Jones)
- In the Dream House (Carmen Maria Machado)
- Long Live the Tribe of Fatherless Girls (T Kira Madden)
- On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous (Ocean Vuong)
- Ordinary Girls (Jaquira Diza)
- Sontag: Her Life and Work (Benjamin Moser)
For a complete list of the books, go to oprahmag.com/entertainment/books/g26428720/best-lgbtq-books-2019/. For additional information about Union Public Library go to uplnj.org or call 908-851-5450.