UNION, NJ - The Board of Directors of the Union Township Chamber of Commerce elected its slate of officers for 2020-2021. “Members of the Board are a group of dedicated volunteers, representing a cross-section of local industries, who help the Chamber in its mission of serving as the voice of Union Township’s business community,” said Chamber CEO James Masterson.
Elected each year, officers have ultimate responsibility for chamber operations, set policy, and guide direction. They also oversee and support proposed activities, events and projects that best serve the interests of members. The Board helps Chamber staff to organize monthly and special events and create networking opportunities, aimed at helping businesses grow, innovate, and achieve their potential.
The incoming Executive Board consists of the following officers:
- President - David Arminio, Friends of the Union Library
- Senior Vice President - Marie Maguire, BCB Community Bank
- Vice President of Finance - Julie D’Aloia, ConnectOne Bank
- Vice President of Membership – Joseph Stampone, Major Printing Company
- Vice President of Programming and Special Events –Sharon Patel, Patel Printing Plus
- Vice President of Economic Development – Laura Bretzger, City Fire Equipment Company
- Vice President of Community and Community and Gov’t Relations – Akua Boakye, Union Township Schools
- Immediate Past President – Eugene Mitchell, RSI Bank.
“The Chamber’s Board of Directors is composed of 27 dedicated individuals who represent the interests and needs of all of our member businesses,” Masterson. “We are grateful for generously giving of their time and talents, especially during these trying times for all of our businesses.”
Masterson added that the Board will be active in guiding the Chamber as its works to assist its members in reconnecting and recovering from the recent pandemic.
The Union Township Chamber of Commerce is a professional association dedicated to strengthening, uniting, promoting and representing member businesses located in Union and the surrounding area.