UNION, NJ – Street closures and detours will be in place on Saturday as the Annual Union County St. Patrick’s Day Parade steps off from Commerce and Morris Avenues at 1:00 p.m. The parade proceeds east on Morris Avenue, then south on Stuyvesant Avenue, ending at Roosevelt Avenue.
- The parking lots on Stowe Street will be accessible via Vauxhall Road or Pine Avenue.
- Friberger Park can be accessed via Bond Drive.
- The Burnet School parking lot will be accessible from Berwyn St. and Caldwell Avenue.
- The public parking lot opposite the Walgreens will be accessible from Elmwood Avenue.
- The Biertuempfel lot will be accessible from Vauxhall Road.
- The Atlantic City lot will be accessible from Morris Avenue.
All municipal parking lots (except Bonnel Court) around the Union Center area will be free, open and accessible to the public. Signs for PUBLIC PARKING are in place.
- Beginning at 9:00 a.m., Stuyvesant Avenue will be closed from Vauxhall Road to the cannon/clock circle at Elmwood Avenue/Johnson Place. Barricades will be erected and the road will be closed to all thru traffic. The roadway must be cleared of all parked vehicles between Stuyvesant Avenue and Elmwood Avenue. All vehicle's left unattended along the designated parade route will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.
- At 9:00 a.m., Morris Avenue will also be completely closed from Elmwood Avenue to Grandview Avenue in both directions. Parking will be prohibited along the entire route. Vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed at owner's expense.
- All streets intersecting with either Morris Avenue or Stuyvesant Avenue along the parade route will be barricaded and closed to thru traffic. Only local traffic and/or legal street parking for the parade will be permitted. Access to Morris Avenue will be strictly prohibited via intersecting streets.
- Handicapped Parking & Parade Committee VIP Parking - The Bonnel Court Municipal Lot will be reserved and free for handicapped parking and parade committee VIP parking ONLY. Persons must enter from Johnson & Elmwood and present a valid handicapped ID and/or a 2019 Parade Committee Reserved Parking Permit. Parking is on a first come-first served basis. Overflow parking will not be permitted.
- Public Consumption of Alcohol - The consumption of any alcoholic beverage in public is strictly prohibited. Violators are subject to fines up to $1,250.00.
- Residents may call 908.851.5001 for a pre-recorded message on up-to-date parade and traffic information.