UNION, NJ – This season’s Union Farmers Market will kick off on Thursday, June 20, from 3:00 – 8:00 p.m.
The market will be held every Thursday from June 20 through September 12 in the parking lot in front of Town Hall, 1976 Morris Avenue. Shoppers will have the chance to purchase fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables from Treelicious Orchards & Bakery and this year’s newest farmers, Alstede Farms.
The grand opening celebration will include;
- Yoga on the Green, by Crow and the Coconut Yoga, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- OMG Bubbles Entertainment from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Free Face Painting from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Live Music featuring, an all-female Reggae group, “Dawn Drake & Zapote” from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Custom candle experience, by ReWax & UnWine, from 3:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Free ice cream from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m., sponsored by the Township of Union SID.
Food vendors such as Mexi-Boys, Latin Bites and local Union Center merchant Jammed Up Bakery will be present. Throughout the market season there will be food demonstrations by ShopRite of Union dietician, Kelsy Pezzuti, featuring Jersey Fresh recipes and ideas on how to easily throw together some quick and simple ingredients into something delicious.
“Our farmers’ offer a direct experience of food and community and we are proud to have them in the Township of Union,” said Mayor, Michele Delisfort. “During this year’s farmers’ market, we are focusing on our youth with special programs and activities. Our market is a family-friendly gathering place for shoppers of all ages.”
For more information about the Union Farmers Market, to register as a vendor or for a schedule of activities, visit uniontwpfarmersmarket.com or call 908.851.5096.