NEW JERSEY – Honoring frontline workers of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 177th Fighter Wing and 108th Wing are partnering in the nationwide Air Force Salutes Flyover event on May 12. The flyovers will feature a KC-135R Stratotanker from the 108th Wing and three F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 177th Fighter Wing.
The flight begins at 11:20 a.m. and is scheduled to be over the Kean University coronavirus testing site at 11:48 a.m. The flyovers will last just over an hour, covering key COVID-19 locations across New Jersey including testing sites, state veteran homes, hospitals and mortuary affairs. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held on May 13.
"The NJ National Guard has been in the fight against COVID-19 from the very beginning with our state and federal partners to save lives and relieve suffering," stated Brig. Gen. Jemal Beale, Commander of the New Jersey National Guard and Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs on the New Jersey National Guard’s Facebook page.
"Never underestimate the value of a morale boost when in combat. I want to thank the NJ Air Guard for its patriotic gesture and flyover in support of our first responder cohorts as we continue to battle COVID-19," said Beale. “Jersey Strong!"
Residents can watch the flyover at the following times and locations. Times may vary by 15 minutes.
- 11:30 a.m. -- Sea Girt
- 11:35 a.m. -- PNC Arts Center
- 11:40 a.m. -- Millstone
- 11:45 a.m. -- NJ Convention Center
- 11:46 a.m. -- Menlo Park
- 11:48 a.m. -- Kean University
- 11:48 a.m. -- University Hospital
- 11:49 a.m. -- Expo Center
- 11:51 a.m. -- Bern County College/Paramus
- 12:01 p.m. -- Vets Haven North
- 12:07 p.m. -- New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- 12:13 p.m. -- Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital
- 12:32 p.m. -- Atlantic City Convention Center