UNION COUNTY, NJ -- In New Jersey General Assembly and Union County voting on Tuesday, Nov. 5, the unofficial results from County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi show that in Assembly District 20, incumbent Democrats Annette Quijano and Jamel Holley easily were returned to Trenton.
To see unofficial election results for the Township of Union, click here.
As was largely expected, Union County Freeholders Bette Jane Kowalski, Sergio Granados, and Rebecca L. Williams, all Democrats, were victorious against their two Republican candidates, Peter Kane and Gell Gelband.
Union County Surrogate James S. La Corte (D) coasted to victory over Peter B. Lijoi (R).
The unofficial vote totals follow:
Assembly District 22
- Annette Quijano D-Elizabeth): 13,173 votes (40.69%)
- Jamel Holley (D-Roselle): 12,437 votes (38.42%)
- Ashraf Hanna (R-Union): 3,218 votes (9.94%)
- Charles Donnelly (R-Union): 3,496 votes (10.80%)
Union County Freeholders
- Bette Jane Kowalski (D-Cranford): 44,708 votes (23.83%)
- Sergio Granados (D-Elizabeth): 43,484 votes (23.18%)
- Rebecca L. Williams (D-Plainfield): 45,675 votes (24.34%)
- Peter G. Kane (R): 26,834 (14.30%)
- Glenn E. Gelband (R): 26,538 votes (14.14%)
Union County Surrogate
- James S. La Corte (D): 45,544 votes (64.54%)
- Peter B. Lijoi (R): 24,973 votes (35.39%)