UNION, NJ - For the first time tonight, and for an uncertain duration, Union's Township Committee meetings will be closed to the public, but aired live on TV34 and Facebook.
According to Union Business Administrator Don Travisano, three members of the Township Committee will attend the meeting in person, with two dialing in. A total of eight people will be in the meeting room, but social distancing requirements will be maintained. The building is closed to the public.
Residents can submit questions or comments no later than 12:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, to Clerks@Uniontownship.com. Emailed questions or comments should include the sender’s name and address and the email should be titled ‘public meeting comment or question’.
The meeting agenda is below:
TOWNSHIP OF UNION COMMITTEE
CONFERENCE AND REGULAR MEETING
March 24, 2020
MICHELE DELISFORT, MAYOR
JOSEPH FLORIO, DEPUTY MAYOR
CLIFTON PEOPLE, JR.
PLEASE SILENCE ALL CELL PHONES AND BEEPERS DURING THE MEETING
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Conference Session Minutes of March 9, 2020 and Conference & Regular Session Minutes of March 10, 2020
2020 Municipal Budget
1. Adoption of the 2020 Municipal Budget.
2. Authorizing the payment of all approved vouchers for solid waste collection, haulage and disposal at the interim rate of $75.09 per ton for household waste and $107.12 per ton for bulky waste. (February)
3. Authorizing an award of contract to Harmony Tree Service for the 2020 Tree Trimming and Removal Services at their low bid not to exceed $225,000.00.
4. Authorizing the purchase of safety boots for DPW from Red Wing Shoes at their sole quote not to exceed $13,250.00 per the Council 8 contract.
5. Authorizing an award of contract to ADG Contracting for the 2020 Road Improvement Program –Phase I at their low bid not to exceed $1,649,518.50.
6. Authorizing an award of contract to ADG Contracting for the 2020 Road Improvement Program - Phase II at their low bid not to exceed $1,729,171.00.
7. Authorizing an award of contract to Granada Construction Corporation for the 2020 Road Improvement Program –Phase III at their low bid not to exceed $2,156,358.75.
8. Authorizing the execution of an agreement between the Township and members of the Council 8 bargaining unit. Printed: 03/19/20, at 10:01 AM page: 2
Authorize the payment of bills as recommended by Department Heads, and approved by a majority of the members of the Township Committee.
Authorize the adjustment of taxes receivable and adjustments due to State and/or County Tax Appeals as listed by the Tax Collectors Office.
Authorize the payment of Community Development Agency bills, approved by a majority of the members of the Township Committee.
9. From: Joseph Venezia, Township Engineer, Re: Requesting payment no. 4 to Stilo Excavating, Inc. in the amount of $692,925.07 for work completed through March 12, 2020 for the 2019 Road Resurfacing Program –Phase I.
NOTICES OF HEARINGS ARE POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD ADJACENT TO THE TOWNSHIP CLERK'S OFFICE. OUT OF TOWN ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS ARE POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD OUTSIDE THE CLERK'S OFFICE FOR A PERIOD OF SEVEN DAYS AFTER RECEIPT.
PREPARED BY THE OFFICE OF THE TOWNSHIP CLERK