UNION, NJ – Union loves their dogs and it shows! Check out these adorable, funny, charming photos from Union’s cutest.
According to the Nationaldogday.com website, National Dog Day is celebrated on August 26 annually to bring attention to the plight of animals and encourage adoption.
“National Dog Day celebrates all dogs, mixed breed and pure,” reads their website. “Our mission is to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year and acknowledges family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort.”
Here are a few ideas for celebrating National Dog Day from Nationaldogday.com:
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Send a dog related gift to a friend or family member.
- Assist an elderly or ill neighbor by walking their dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy...or two...or five.
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy park.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.
- Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.