UNION, NJ – Union fire fighters responded to a propane-fueled deck fire Thursday morning.

At about 8:00 a.m., a fire was reported on the 1200 block of Grandview Avenue.  Upon arrival, said Union Fire Chief Mike Scanio, fire fighters found a well-involved deck fire being fed by two propane tanks.  The fire had extended to the exterior of the home.

Engine 1 stretched a hose line to the rear and began cooling the tanks to prevent them from rupturing, said Scanio.  Once the tanks were cooled and the fire extinguished, the tanks were secured and removed to a safe area. The interior of the home was check for any fire damage, but no interior damage was found. The rear exterior of the house sustained some damage to the siding.

The fire was brought under control within 30 minutes.  There were no reported injuries. Mutual aid was called in to cover Union during the fire.