UNION, NJ - Registration for the 2020 Spring Recreation Season is now open.
The Kindersoccer Program is for kids from ages 5-7 and it is for first time soccer players. It is co-ed.
The Grassroots Program is for kids from ages 3-5. It is a co-ed program for first time soccer players.
The PeeWee Division is for 1st and 2nd Graders and Kindergartners who have already participated in
Grassroots or Kindersoccer. Divisions for Boys and Girls are separate.
Junior Division is for 3rd through 5th Graders. Division for Boys and Girls are separate.
Senior Division is for 6th through 8th Graders. Division for Boys and Girls are separate.
Please note a few important dates:
- Anyone registering prior to March 27, 2020 will pay regular fee. Anyone registering after this day will
be assessed a $20 late fee. Registration closes on Sunday, April 5. Visit the website at www.unionsoccer.org and click on the Register button in the top right hand
- The draft for placement of children on teams will take place on March 30th. PeeWee, Juniors and Seniors Divisions only. No draft or teams for Grassroots and Kindersoccer Programs.
- The first game will be on Saturday, April 18th
- The season is for 8 weeks through Saturday, June 6th
- Playoffs games will happen during the week of June 8th to the 12th. Schedule TBA when time comes.
- The season ends with the final games played at our Annual Soccer Fest Celebration on June 13th
- Anyone wishing to volunteer to coach should contact Union Soccer.
- As the program relies on Volunteer Coaches the practice schedule (day, time, etc.) will be at the Coaches' discretion and based on their availability. This information will only be known and communicated to all parents after the draft on April 10th and 11th.
- The schedule for the season will be made available by Monday, April 13th. Games will be played on Saturdays at times indicated below:
Grassroots Program 12:45 to 1:45 PM Volunteer Field
Kindersoccer Program 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM Volunteer Field
Boys PeeWee – 9 to 10:15 AM, Volunteer Field
Girls PeeWee – 10:30 to 11:30 AM, Volunteer Field
Boys Juniors – Range from 9 AM through 3 PM at Weber Field
Girls Juniors – Range from 9 AM through 12 PM at Battle Hill Field
Boys Seniors – Range from 9 AM through 1:30 PM at Conlon Field
Girls Seniors – Range from 1:30 PM through 4:15 PM at Conlon Field
Union Soccer Club provides uniforms for all children on teams consisting of jersey, shorts and socks. For Grassroots and Kindersoccer a T-Shirt will be provided. Parents are responsible for shin guards, soccer cleats, and soccer ball. Players will not be allowed to play without shin guards and these must be worn underneath the socks! Grassroots and Kindersoccer participants do not need shin guards.