CLARK, NJ – Holiday shoppers heading to Target on Central Avenue in Clark arrived to find the store closed to the public as emergency responders and utility employees worked inside.
The store was evacuated for a short time around noon to check for carbon monoxide. According to Police Chief Pedro Matos, employees working in the cafe area of the store were not feeling well. The store was evacuated as a precaution.
“The Clark Fire Department and gas company responded and found no elevated levels of carbon monoxide and the store has been reopened,” Matos said.