GARWOOD, NJ – Union resident Margaret Salisbury was one of several Union County women honored with a 2018 Women of Excellence Award at an event Friday night.
The event, hosted by the Commission on the Status of Women and sponsored by the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders, honors women in different fields. Salisbury received a Lifetime Achievement Award.
In addition to Salisbury, the Union County Women of Excellence Awardees for 2018 are:
· Malathi Narayan Ananthakrishnan, New Providence (Arts in Education)
· Dr. Ludovina Archeval, Holy Redemer Home Care of Elizabeth (Health/Medicine)
. Brooke Campbell, Cranford (Children’s Advocacy)
· Maria Carvalho, Elizabeth (Youth Advocacy)
· Councilwoman Rose Checchio, Scotch Plains (Government)
· Candyce Mayers, Linden (Women’s Advocacy)
· Marguerite Modero, Roselle Park (Special Needs Advocacy)
· Donna Puzella, Summit (Business Leadership)
· Patricia Roman, Clark (Volunteerism)
“Our Women of Excellence awardees provide us with inspiring models for success in a wide range of endeavors. The whole community is strengthened and invigorated when each one of us can follow our passion and exercise our full potential,” said Freeholder Linda Carter, who is the Board’s liaison to the Commission on the Status of Women.
Each woman received an engraved Women of Excellence plaque and a Freeholder Resolution recognizing their contributions to the Union County community.