BRIDGEWATER, NJ, June 10, 2020 – 37 Allstate agency owners, financial specialists and staff throughout New Jersey joined together in the fight against hunger during this public health crisis.
The agency owners secured a $20,000 Allstate Foundation Helping Hands® Grant to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, a local partner organization of Feeding America. The grant was awarded to recognize the volunteerism of these Allstate agencies, who used social media to raise awareness for the Community FoodBank of New Jersey’s work to help struggling neighbors, many of whom are facing food insecurity for the first time in their lives due to the pandemic.
Additionally, each agent asked customers to consider donating if they were able via a direct fundraising page. Thanks to the generosity of the community, $2,118 was raised for the food bank in addition to the Helping Hands® grant, providing resources to supply over 6,300 nutritious meals.
“I’m proud to see how our community has come together to support the Community FoodBank of New Jersey,” said Allstate New Jersey Agent Mike Antenucci, Morganville, NJ, who led this project. “I’m grateful that Allstate agents and financial specialists throughout the state were eager to band together to help.”
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey is one of thousands of organizations this year to receive Allstate Foundation Helping Hands Grants® secured by agency owners, personal financial representatives and licensed sales professionals on behalf of the nonprofits where they volunteer. The Community FoodBank of New Jersey serves 16 of New Jersey's 21 counties through its network of over 1,000 partner food pantries, soup kitchens, child and senior feeding programs, and more.
"Allstate understands that food insecurity is rising in the wake of this public health and economic crisis — and we're grateful for their support of the Community FoodBank of New Jersey and food assistance initiatives throughout New Jersey,” said Carlos Rodriguez, President & CEO of the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
Participating Allstate agency owners, financial specialist and staff:
- Michael Antenucci, Agent, Morganville
- Ron Bansky, Agent, Princeton Junction and Westfield
- David Basile, Agent, Bound Brook and Kendall Park
- Todd Bauman, Agent, Bridgewater
- Joseph Brady, Financial Specialist, Westwood
- Jesse Branson, Sr., Agent, Cedar Grove
- Timothy K. Brown, Agent, Clifton
- Sasha Buerano, Agent, Brick
- Shawn Burke, Agent, East Brunswick
- Calogero (Tony) Cigna, Agent, Lodi
- Yasiria Carballo, Agent, Park Ridge
- Gennaro Costigliola, Agent, Jackson
- Sean Dettinger, Agent, Point Pleasant
- Mina Dimetry, Agent, Lincoln Park
- Kim Figueroa, Financial Specialist, Teaneck
- Arthur Henry, Financial Specialist, Linden
- Al Hess, Agent, Mt. Laurel
- Mitchell Hnatt, Agent, Lakewood
- Cliff Jacoby, Agent, Red Bank
- Rosemary Kellner, Agent, Bayonne
- Ray Kratz, Agent, Deptford
- Lance Krigsman, Agent, Colonia
- Steven Lambusta, Agent, Lawrenceville
- Andrea Lucciola, Agent, Freehold
- Marc Ludwig, Agent, West Berlin, Egg Harbor, and Northfield
- Alison Martin, Agent, Toms River
- Kristen Meredith, Agent, Rutherford
- Shelby Mobley, Agent, Cedar Grove
- Glenn Potolsky, Agent, Gillette
- Sovi Pujols, Agent, Union
- Rana Rauf, Agent, Skillman and Monroe Twp.
- Bruce Rotkowitz, Agent, Medford
- Russell Rotkowitz, Staff, Medford
- Christopher Shekian, Agent, Middletown
- Emad Soliman, Agent, Jersey City
- Sameh Wahba, Agent, Hackensack and Paramus
- Phil Zorzi, Agent, Howell