CEDAR GROVE, NJ - The new AFC Urgent Care (AFC®) in Cedar Grove hosted a celebration and ribbon cutting on Friday, November 30 among residents, business owners, Cedar Grove Mayor Joseph Cicala, and other dignitaries. AFC®, the nation’s leading provider of urgent care and occupational medicine, continues to expand its national care network with the opening of the latest AFC® urgent care center in Cedar Grove, New Jersey. The new state-of-the-art facility is open seven days a week at 480 Pompton Avenue, #6, Cedar Grove, New Jersey.
AFC® Cedar Grove Services include:
- Physician On-Site – Be seen by a board-certified physician.
- State-of-the-Art Diagnostics – Digital x-ray equipment allows AFC® staff to take and read x-rays within minutes. Patients are provided with copies on a CD upon discharge.
- Laboratory On-Site – AFC®’s on-site laboratory provides a wide variety of lab work with results available within minutes.
- Occupational Health Exams and Workers’ Compensation Cases – These services include D.O.T. physicals, urine drug screens, and breath-alcohol tests.
- Extended Hours – AFC® will be open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
“Urgent care is a convenient, economical alternative to visiting a hospital emergency room. Our staff at AFC® can treat everything from cuts, bruises and fractures, to colds and flu,” said Albert Saad, who owns and operates the new AFC® center in Cedar Grove, as well as the AFC® urgent care centers in West Orange, South Plainfield, and Aberdeen. “Patients choose AFC® because we are part of the community and we care deeply about keeping them healthy.”
Dr. Avery F. Browne, who is board-certified in family medicine, will serve as medical director of AFC® Cedar Grove. “We are very excited about opening a second location in Essex County and being part of the Cedar Grove community,” noted Dr. Browne. “Like our other centers in the surrounding areas, this new clinic will fill a significant void. We look forward to providing urgent care to families who live and work nearby.”