CEDAR GROVE, NJ – Four students at Cedar Grove High School were recently inducted into the Tri-M Music Honor Society. Jackie Downs, Gianna Duran, John Paul Notte and Sydney Richardson were selected on the basis of scholarship, character, leadership and service.
In order to be considered for the Tri-M, a name which was derived from the original name of the honor Society “Modern Music Matters, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Music Participation: Be enrolled in a school sponsored music ensemble and or class for at least one year
- Academic Achievement: Maintain an A average in music and at least a B in other academic subjects
- Leadership: Roles in community and school
- Service: Actions undertaken by the student for the school and community through music
- Character: Demonstrates respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, citizenship