VERONA, NJ - The Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit, 36 Gould Street, Verona will host a series of workshops open to the public in June and July. Facilitated by Spiritual Director Ms. Sun Spriggs, attendees will learn about different contemplative practices. A DVD entitled “Sacred Rhythm: Spiritual
Practices that Nourish Your Soul and Transform Your Life” by Ruth Haley Barton will guide the discussions. The six topics are:
1. Desire – Longing for More in the Spiritual Life
2. Solitude and Silence – Creating Space for God
3. Lectio Divina – Encountering God in Scripture
4. Honoring the Body – Flesh-and- Blood Spirituality
5. The Examen – Bringing My Whole Self to God
6. A Rule of Life – Cultivating Your Own Sacred Rhythms
In the workshops, we will explore our deep desires and yearnings for God, and will learn different methods to open ourselves to God who is ever-present in our lives. By opening to God we will create space in us where we will meet God more deeply and intimately, and will be open to the mystery of spiritual transformation.
Each session will be 90 minutes, which will allow us to have quiet time for reflection and for sharing at the end. Workshops will take place on Tuesdays at 7:30pm in June & most of July in the Church’s Fellowship Hall.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (973) 239-2850. Church of the Holy Spirit’s website is www.holyspiritverona.org.