VERONA, NJ – The Verona Lions Club is currently selling tickets for its Annual Super 50/50 Raffle. Only 1,200 tickets will be sold at $10 each with the drawing to be held on Dec. 12. Two prizes of $5,000 and $1,000 are guaranteed.
Funds raised will support the VLC’s charitable activities throughout the township which include:
- Donation of car used as Verona Medical Transportation Vehicle- VLC members volunteer to drive the vehicle each year
- Donation of $2,500 annually in Shoprite Gift Cards to Verona residents in need during the holidays.
- $3,000 donated yearly to Verona resident high school seniors in recognition of their community service achievements.
- VLC recently donated $1,500 to Verona Public Library to enhance the LARGE PRINT BOOK collection- currently committed to doubling that donation.
- Last year VLC donated more than $13,000 to local charities and causes, including over a dozen sight and diabetes related charities & youth causes.
Tickets can be purchased from VLC members and at Terry’s Drugs, or look for the Lion’s Eye Mobile at the Fair in the Square this Saturday for FREE eye screenings and to buy your Super 50/50 tickets.