WARREN, NJ - In the wake of Jonas, the blizzard that dumped over two feet of snow on Warren Township, area residents are digging out. So are the schools, local governments and NJ Transit.
All Warren Township Schools, Morris -Union Jointure, and Watchung Hills Regional High School will be closed on Monday January 25 and Tuesday, January 26.
Service is suspended on the Gladstone branch of NJ Transit until Tuesday, Jan 26. To give customers additional travel options, NJ TRANSIT has extended systemwide cross-honoring through Tuesday, January 26, including private bus carriers, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode - rail, light rail or bus.
Sign Up for E-News
Due to PATH service suspension in Newarkand Harrison, NJ TRANSIT will provide limited substitute bus service in both directions between Newark Penn Station and Journal Square and Harrison and Journal Square from 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Tuesday, January 26, 2016. Currently, NJ TRANSIT rail and bus services at Newark Penn Station are cross-honoring PATH tickets.
Raritan Valley Community College will remain closed on Monday, Jan. 25 and will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 26.
King George Road and the stretch of Mountain Avenue are still snow covered.
Residents are reminded:
Safety Tips to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
Check the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector and smoke detector. If you don’t have either detector, install them now, before the storm hits.
Clear any snow accumulation from all outside dryer and heating vents.
Remove snow from car exhaust pipe(s) before sitting in car and letting it warm up. Failure to remove snow can result in carbon monoxide poisoning. Be sure there is ample room for air to circulate in front and behind your car to allow any exhaust to dissipate and not build up around your car.
If you suspect Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Take Immediate Action:
1. If a loved one is unconscious or unresponsive, get out them out of the house and call 911 immediately.
2. Exit the house/building immediately. Do not waste time opening windows to “air” it out; this will delay your escape and cause you to breathe in more dangerous fumes.
3. Contact your local fire department/energy provider.
4. Call the NJ Poison Experts, 800-222-1222, for immediate treatment advice.
In the event you experience a power outage, be sure to contact your service provider.The phone numbers to keep handy are:
Jersey Central Power & Light
New Jersey American Water