Don’t have more than 10 minutes to prepare dinner tonight? I’ve got you covered with this super quick, high protein, crowd-pleasing recipe! These BBQ Chicken Avocado Boats are a delicious combination of roasted chicken and crunchy bell peppers covered in BBQ sauce and served on top of creamy avocado.
To make this recipe as quick as possible, purchase pre-roasted chicken from the store, or use leftover cooked chicken from yesterday’s meal. Then all you need to do is chop the bell pepper, mix everything together, scoop on top of avocado and serve!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Sign Up for E-News
Here’s what you need...
- 1 cup roasted chicken, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 large avocado, pitted and halved lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- sprinkle of sweet paprika
- sprinkle of sea salt
- sprinkle of black pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken, bell peppers and BBQ sauce. Mix until fully combined.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the two avocado halves and sprinkle with cilantro, sweet paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 369 calories, 25g fat, 16g carbohydrate, 5g sugar, 155mg sodium, 8g fiber, and 23g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!