LONG HILL TOWNSHIP, NJ -ShopRite announced today that it will celebrate the re-grand opening of its completely remodeled store in Stirling, NJ with a ribbon cutting celebration on Thursday, Dec. 10, at 10 AM. The first 100 guests to attend the ribbon cutting will receive a custom ShopRite of Stirling reusable bag filled with wellness products and a glass commemorative Chobani cup. The store will also offer free Chobani Creations and gourmet holiday item samples to customers throughout the day.
The all new ShopRite of Stirling, located at 1153 Valley Rd., has been completely remodeled to provide residents with the very best shopping experience in the area and culinary amenities such as a Village Food Garden, Home Chef Studio, juice bar and Village Wellness Garden. The store is owned and operated by Village Super Market, Inc., which also owns and operates 28 ShopRite stores in New Jersey, Maryland and Eastern Pennsylvania.
Scheduled to attend the Dec. 10th ribbon cutting ceremony are New Jersey Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno, Long Hill Township Mayor Brendan Rae, Deputy Mayor Bruce Meringolo, Committeeman Guy Piserchia, Administrator Neil Henry, Stirling Fire Chief Emeritus Lou Aroneo, Long Hill Township Police Department, and other community representative.
“We are very excited to mark the official opening of our bigger, better and fresher ShopRite of Stirling location and look forward to continuing our long standing relationship with our valued guests,” said William Sumas, vice chairman of Village Super Market, Inc. “The all new ShopRite of Stirling combines the traditional low prices and value that we’ve always been known for with unique product and service offerings to create the ultimate shopping experience for our loyal customers.”
Bringing an additional 150 jobs to the community, the newly remodeled store added 16,000 square feet and now employs more than 300 full- and part-time associates. In addition to a broad array of groceries, fresh organic produce and locally sourced products, the ShopRite of Stirling will also feature:
- The “Village Food Garden” where guests can enjoy gourmet food items including:
- LIQD beverage destination with Lavazza Coffee and a customizable fountain beverage station featuring Pepsi products
- Scrunchi San authentic hand-rolled sushi and sashimi
- Blueprint Subs & Salads, where guests create their own sandwich masterpieces, starting with freshly-baked bread from the store’s Five Borough Bread bar
- Authentic Hot Food Bar, featuring Italian, Asian, and American cuisine prepared daily by our team of talented chefs
- Fresh Garden Table, featuring fresh salads, toppings, and ingredients
- Celebration Station, for a wide variety of self-serve and custom cakes, ranging from 3D cakes to multi-layer wedding cakes, created by expert cake decorators
- Patisserie 37 offering the finest pastries and Artuso Pastry, a renowned fourth generation family bakery in the Bronx’s Little Italy.
- Home Chef Studio, offering the finest quality hand cut meat and seafood. Our very own Chef Daniel Arturo offers personal instruction to insure a great home cooked meal.
- “Village Wellness Garden,” that includes
- Dietitian’s Corner, offering FREE nutrition services and counseling with Rachel Simpers, RD and Alyssa Reyes, RD, the ShopRite of Stirling’s very own in-store, Registered Dietitians
- Helping Families Eat Better recipe case featuring a new “better for you” meal solutions and tastings each week
- Over 2,500 items hand selected by our team of Village Registered Dietitians including natural and organic dairy, super foods, healthy bulk foods, a gluten free destination and much more!
- “The Green” Juice and Smoothie Bar, featuring made to order fresh veggie and fruit juices, wheat grass shots, and smoothies. We utilize our own Urban Cultivator on site to produce the wheat grass and microgreens that go into the fresh juices.
- Chobani Creation Bar, make your own creations starting with a Greek yogurt base.
- Learning Center for Future Geniuses, free childcare for children ages 3-8 while parents shop.
- ShopRite From Home, online shopping service for customers who wish to order groceries for pickup or delivery
About Village Super Market, Inc.
Greek immigrants Nick and Perry Sumas opened the first Village Supermarket in 1937. Just under 10 years later the brothers joined Wakefern, becoming one of the cooperative’s earliest members. As the Sumas family grew, so too did their business, now a publicly-owned company. Today, the Sumas family, including Nick’s sons James and Robert, and Perry’s sons William and John, and their children and extended family, operates 29 ShopRite supermarkets located in northern, central and southern New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
ShopRite supermarkets are members of Wakefern Food Corporation, a retailer-owned cooperative. Through the more than 260 stores located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than six million customers each week. A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $39 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA's ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $28 million for local organizations, hospitals and community groups. For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.