SOMERVILLE, NJ - The borough is synonymous with live events that include - what else - live music.
Over the past three weeks, there was live music on Main Street during the June 4 Somerville Business & Professional Association street fair; on June 10, there was a live band on the steps of the historic Somerset County Courthouse as part of the Flag Day celebration and this past weekend, Saturday and Sunday, there were several bands performing at the Somerville Craft Beer Fest on North Bridge Street.
But the best is yet to come.
The annual summer stage concerts on Division Street on Saturday Nights kick off July 8th and will continue for six consecutive weeks until Aug. 19.
Bring a lawn chair, sit back and enjoy the music, or put on your dancing shoes.
Here’s the schedule:
• July 8th: Moggy Hill (Bluegrass);
• July 15th: Walnut Street (Classic Rock);
• July 22nd: Mama’s Stew (Party Favorites);
• July 29th: TBD;
• August 5th: Kyle and the Crooked Hearts (Indie Punk);
• August 12: The Rollbacks (Rock, Latin, Jazz, and Salsa);
• August 19th: Busse and the Vibes (Jam Rock).
The two-hour shows begin at 7 p.m.
Further information is available on the Downtown Somerville Alliance website, www.downtownsomerville.com