The Township Committee is advising residents of the various state and federal programs that are available to residents and businesses. Mayor Marion stated, “The state and federal government has provided opportunities for assistance. Please review the information provided which will assist you during this difficult time.”
- The New Jersey State Legislature has passed legislation and the NJ Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) has adopted rules to implement a series of programs to assist businesses effected by COVID-19. This information can be found at https://www.njeda.com/ . Many of these programs are on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis, so it is imperative that prompt action be taken.
- The New Jersey Business & Industry Association, the New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce and the Commerce & Industry Association of New Jersey are collaborating for a special webinar conversation with NJEDA CEO, Tim Sullivan, on March 31 at 4 p.m. The goal is to provide valuable insight to these programs and answer the wide range of questions that have been asked by businesses and non-profits throughout the state.
- Please join this important information-packed webinar on March 31 at 4:00 p.m.to learn what your business needs to survive during this crisis and come out stronger on the other side. Please go to their website at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4836886196875189772 to register.
- SNAP Benefits are available to assist eligible residents. Please go to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program’s (SNAP) website for further information.
- Governor Murphy has announced mortgage payment relief and financial protections in which financial institutions offer up to 90 days to borrowers economically impacted by COVID-19. Please see the Press Release issued by the Governor’s office on the Township’s website at www.warrennj.org/COVID-19 .
- The Somerset County Business Partnership is also providing information regarding programs through the state government. For details, please go to their website at www.scbp.org.
- The Township Committee continues to prepare up-to-date COVID-19 information for our residents. Residents can obtain Township updates directly to their email in-boxes by signing up for the Warren Township “electronic newsletter.” Additionally, all information will be posted on the COVID-19 page of the Township’s website at warrennj.org and on Warren’s Social Media accounts: TWITTER at @WarrenTwpNJ; FACEBOOK at “Warren Township, New Jersey; INSTAGRAM at “warrentownshipnj.” Additionally, we are continuously adding COVID-19 details to our Public Access channel. Verizon customers can access it on Channel 44 and Optimum/Altice One customers can access it on Channel 15.
Township Committeewoman Jolanta Maziarz urges all residents to sign up for the Township’s “electronic newsletters (e-blasts)”, Warren Township Social Media, and view our website as the Township provides you with the most current information available.
- Our Office of Emergency Management (OEM) and our Department of Health continue to remain active providing assistance to Township residents by coordinating volunteer opportunities to assist our vulnerable population. Information can be obtained by contacting the OEM Department at (908) 753-8000, Ext. 262.
The Township Committee urges all residents to Stay Home and Stay Safe.