SOMERSET COUNTY, NJ - Beginning Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 22, the Library System will be closed to the public. The Library System will continue to evaluate and communicate future plans as information becomes available.
Again, the safety of our customers and staff is always our first priority.
Brian Auger, county library administrator, said, “This may seem like an ominous step, but really, to quote Twitter user Matt Pierce, ‘it’s an act of social solidarity. We’re sacrificing so we can give nurses, doctors and hospitals a chance’ by minimizing opportunities for the continued spread of the virus”.
In order to continue to provide superior library services to customers, there are many resources that are available digitally:
- Read anywhere by exploring Overdrive e-books and e-audiobooks.
- Watch videos and have fun being creative with Creativebug.
- Flip through your favorite magazines with Flipster digital magazines.
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages.
- Lose yourself in love with RomanceBookCloud.
- Exercise your brain with BrainHQ.
- Learn a new skill with Lynda.com.
- Make your dream a reality and work on your new business plan with Gale Small Business Builder.
- Travel to a new place, while being safe in your home, with National Geographic.
Explore more digital resources at sclsnj.org/besafeathome, and partner with your Library System to #BeSafeAtHome.
Important to note, this is a temporary closure for the time during which there is potential risk of community transmission of COVID-19. The Library System appreciates the support of our community members during this time.