WARREN, NJ - The Warren Township Board of Education held its last meeting virtually, with only Superintendent Dr. Matthew Mingle in the Board office.   

Click here for meeting video

Discussion focused on the districts distance learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Sign Up for Warren Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

All in all, the district is doing well. Mingle said about 80 percent of staff members have indicated they are "doing fine" on a daily survey. The other 20 percent indicated either “I'm stressed, but I'm OK," or “I need support."

Mingle said that they are working on incorporating more face-to-face instruction, taking into consideration media releases, internet access and supervision. “What happens if someone records that Zoom call, for example, and posts it somewhere," he said.

Derek Ressa, Director of Special Services, is working with the legal team and the county on ways to support students remotely.

The earliest reopening date for New Jersey schools, according to Gov. Phil Murphy, will be Monday, April 20.

For more Coronavirus news see

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/warren/sections/coronavirus-news/articles

TAPinto is free and published daily made possible through sponsorships and advertising. Get Your Town's News In Your Inbox:  Click Here to sign up. Contact bnemcek@tapinto.net for sponsorship and advertising information.Market Your Business Using TAPintoDownload the TAPinto App!   Click here for Android.  Click here for iOS.Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!